Applications will be available on January 14, 2019 and must be received by 4:00 on March 16, 2019 to be eligible. Late applications will NOT be included in the lottery and will be placed on the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis. The lottery will be held on March 26, 2019 at 5:00 pm. Attendance is not mandatory. One application must be filled out for each child who wishes to attend the Southwest Leadership Academy Charter School.
- Only one application will be accepted per child.
- Application must be mailed, emailed or delivered in person to: Southwest Leadership Academy Charter School, 7101 Paschall Avenue, Philadelphia, Pa. 19142
- Applications must be received by March 26, 2019 to be entered into the lottery.
- Siblings of enrolled students will not be automatically enrolled without an application; an application must be submitted for each sibling before the lottery deadline.
- For the purposes of the lottery, two students are siblings if and only if one student has a legal parent, legal guardian, or legal foster parent who is also the legal parent, legal guardian, or legal foster parent of other student.
- An adult will only be considered a student’s legal parent if there is proof of blood-relation (as evidenced in birth certificate), legal adoption (as evidenced by valid, appropriate court documents), or legal marriage (i.e. step-child, as evidenced by a valid marriage certificate). An adult will be considered a student’s legal guardian or legal foster parent only if there is proof of such a relationship (as evidenced by valid, appropriate court documents).
- If information on the application is incorrect, the application will be considered invalid, and any offer made for a place in the school based on this information will be rescinded. For example, if the application indicates that the child is 5 years old by September 1, 2019 but in reality the child is not, the offer will be rescinded. Likewise, if the application indicates that the child will be entering a given grade in September 2019 but the child is actually entering a different grade – for any reason – the offer will be rescinded and the child will have to reapply for the grade in which they are entering. Placement will depend on seat availability if student is retained for any reason.
- If the student’s parent/legal guardian’s address or phone numbers change, you must notify the school so that we may contact you in the event that the student is offered placement at the school.
Criteria for Prospective Students
- The school is open to all children in Kindergarten, Grades 1 through 8th grade on a space available basis within each grade.
- Any child qualified under the laws of the State of Pennsylvania and the School District of Philadelphia for admission to a public school is qualified for admission to Southwest Leadership Academy Charter School- Philadelphia Public Charter School.
- There is no tuition.
- Admission is not based on intelligence, achievement or aptitude, athletic ability, disability, ethnicity, race, creed, national origin, religion, or ancestry.
- Students who have a disability or who may be in need of special education services or programs are eligible for admission into the school on the same basis as all other students.
- No tests are required for admission; students upon acceptance will be assessed for educational planning.
- An application will not be valid if it contains incorrect information.
- You must notify the main office at Southwest Leadership Academy Charter School if your address or phone number changes.
Students are currently being admitted to the school by lottery.
- The lottery is open to all children in Kindergarten-8th based on available seats.
- All students whose application is received by March 15, 2019 will be separated by grade and entered into the lottery.
- A public random drawing of names will be held on Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Preference will be given to siblings of students currently enrolled at Southwest Leadership Academy Charter School.
- In addition to sibling preference, preference will be given to students who reside in the attendance zone for Catherine Elementary, Morton Elementary, and Patterson Elementary.
- If students do not accept their spots by the registration deadline, those spaces will be given to students on the waiting list.
2019-2020 Application link inserted here
This is an equal opportunity, public, charter school, open to all children on a space-available basis